As part of my recent dive back into doing more sewing, I decided to tackle some WIPs. I found these three Sun, Please! blocks (from two years ago!) and decided to feature them on a simple, gender-neutral red and white baby quilt.
This quilt measures about 42 inches square, and I love the contrast created by the simple layout and palette against the intricate paper-pieced block design of the suns.
On the back, I decided to feature another languishing old block, one for a star that I hope to post a pattern for soon. (I also used it for most of my paper-piecing tips visuals.) I was happy to include it on the otherwise solid red background.
Since the quilt layout is so simple, I added texture with an irregular diamonds quilting pattern, where some lines are doubled up. This resulted in somewhat denser quilting and stiffer overall feeling of the finished quilt. I also find that when I do any diagonal quilting, the finished product turns out to be more crinkly and puffy.
Three suns and a star - certainly cosmic.