23 June 2019

Sliced Stripes Baby Quilt

I've long admired Meg Callahan's quilts, and this baby quilt is inspired by her aesthetic.


While I didn't hope to replicate the intricacy and scale of her designs, I stuck to just two fabrics (!) and focused on the overall texture of the sliced stripes in a field of white.



I used one of my favorite Anna Maria Horner prints from her Honor Roll collection, and some solid Kona White. They are SO bright despite the dreary lighting of a Maine November.


For the backing, I chose a navy star charts print from Hawthorne Threads, and kept the straight line quilting pretty minimal to match the sliced stripes. 



1 comment:

  1. Anna, I am so happy to read an update.
    I love this baby quilt. I love the simple design and very attractive color chosen
    Nice backing too. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, nice to see you! Sorry about the word verification but I've been flooded with spam messages recently. Thanks for commenting!