20 December 2017

Little X Baby Quilt

2017 Wrap up: I made this one quilt 😂

Solitary and adorable.



I made 12 blocks  - - what to call them: small granny squares? Plus blocks on point? To construct them, I first made 9-patch blocks with sashing fabric (Kona Stone) blocks in each corner, then added triangles to set them on point. 


The 1-inch straight line quilting is denser than I normally like (because so many lines!), but I think it works well with the simple design. 


It is bound in a lovely red-on-white irregular arrowhead print from Alison Glass, and there are some sweet foxes from Dear Stella (I think) on the back.


 Since this quilt is currently with its sweet little baby owner, I'm not 100% on the size, but I think it is about 33x42, since I used a one-yard cut of backing fabric.

Just a delight!


6 comments:

  1. Hey, Well done clap clap clap
    I have completed a couple of quilt tops but i have not FINISHED done and done anything this year.
    I like this quilt very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed looking at your quilts on your blog. Beautiful, simple modern designs. Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for the kind words! Happy new year to you, too!

      Delete
  3. i would love to make this but can you give me piece sizes for a block on point? I think i could fudge the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not totally sure, but I think I cut the squares at 3.5" or 3.25", if that helps!

      Delete

Hi, nice to see you! Sorry about the word verification but I've been flooded with spam messages recently. Thanks for commenting!